My Alabaster Heart

Reflections on life and a man named Jesus.

Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Monday, October 16, 2006

It fails me, alludes me, leaves me, and intrudes me
It lulls me, disrupts me, finds me, and corrupts me
It is that for which I live, that for which I long
And inside which is where I know I belong

At its roots its ways are noble, pure and true
Spurring on toward goodness and turning things to new
It beckons and entrances all that live and breathe
And calls to be captured and given by those who believe

But somewhere, somehow along the broken way
Its fruit turned bitter, fallen and gone astray
That which I live for I cannot have nor express
My heart aches with wanting to confess
That which I long for I cannot give or be
Without His power working in me

So my power I do submit
A daily habit taking fit
A bowed heart I do commit
And at his feet I rest and sit

For even a moment to feel his love
Pouring down from heaven above
Is worth all pain, trial, and strife
Of losing everything and gaining life

It’s the love that beckons and draws me nearer
His soft whisper is slowly becoming clearer
And I understand it in increasing measure
His amazing love that I have come to treasure

1 Comments:

Blogger Maryn Forney said...

you wrote again!!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home